- Management Essentials for Engineers and ScientistsNot currently open for enrollment
Designed for current and prospective technical leaders looking to improve their business acumen and management effectiveness.
Civil Engineering - Infrastructure
Week 1- June 11-15, 2018
Week 2- June 18-20, 2018
6 module workshop
Infrastructure asset management is a concept, a framework and a tool for making cost effective decision about investments in the maintenance, renewal and rebuilding of our physical infrastructure. The requirement for state departments of transportation to develop transportation asset management plans has focused additional attention on this area. A series of modules have been developed for students and practitioners to gain in-depth knowledge in particular areas of asset management.
- Application of Emerging Data Techniques in Railway MaintenanceOffered December 11-12, 2018.
The Big Data in Railroad Track Engineering is a 2-day professional development course focusing on data analysis techniques and practical case studies that are directly applicable to professionals working in Railroad Track Engineering.
- Engineering for Efficient Railway OperationsRegistration is now closed. Intended for Practicing Engineers, Planners and Operating Officials, this course focuses on the relationship between the engineering configuration of railway systems and operating efficiency and performance.
- Management Essentials for the Railroad IndustryOffered April 16-20, 2018
Features leaders in the railroad industry who not only share their vast experience but lead interactive discussions designed to help entry and middle management railroad engineering personnel improve their business acumen and management effectiveness in the unique elements of this industry.
- Operations and Operations Management for Passenger RailOffered August 22-23, 2018
This two-day course reviews the organization and fundamental operations of passenger railways. Course material applies to commuter rail, as well as rail transit (light rail, rail rapid transit, regional rail and streetcars).
- Rail Problems, Rail Maintenance, and Rail GrindingRegistration currently closed. This highly-praised course addresses key areas of infrastructure maintenance for the rail and transit industry worldwide. It is also available as a self-paced on-line course!
- Railroad Safety & Derailment InvestigationFully Online Course This online course provides excellent, information-packed practical training for railroad engineers in corporate, DOT, or commodity railroad transportation. Group Discount Option (Save $100/reg for groups of 3 or more from the same company!)
- Railway Tie Association Online Transit Training CoursesProduced in collaboration with the Railway Tie Association (RTA), these modules are packed full of critical information for those working in the railroad industry, and have been produced so that you can absorb the information at your own pace.
Civil Engineering - Geotech
- Earth Retaining Structures: Selection, Design, Construction and InspectionApril 24-26, 2018
This course will teach you the critical knowledge and skills you need in order to take advantage of the cost effective use of earth retaining structures in urban construction for transportation, commercial and industrial development.
- Risk Assessment and ManagementNot currently scheduled
Taught by Jerry DiMaggio, P.E. (the renowned and very popular geotechnical engineering consultant/instructor) will be of interest not only to geotechnical engineers, but to all engineers. Pease contact us if you are interested in future offerings.
Research & Quality Control
- Fundamentals of Vapor DepositionSummer 2018
This distance-formatted, self-paced tutorial that is co-sponsored by the Society of Vacuum Coaters, and dedicated to the memory of Nathaniel H. Sugerman. Enrollment is limited to facilitate highly interactive participation. Group Discount Option – Save $50/reg for groups of 5 or more from the same company.
- Patent Basics WorkshopNot currently scheduled
- Statistical Design of ExperimentsFlexible dates and options available
The 2.5-day hands-on course always receives great reviews – and now it is available in self-paced, online format, with faculty support. Group Discount Option: Save $200/reg for groups of 3 or more from the same company.